Zayed Centre in Abu DhabiPosted On: November 30, 2018
Zayed Centre is situated in Al Bateen that complate mainly as an homage to Sheikh Zayed himself which gives an interesting history of various aspects of Abu Dhabi. It is also known as the Sheikh Zayed Heritage Centre or the Zayed Exhibition that is just across from Al Bateen marina for an easier landmark!
It is a little place with various different exhibitions housed but it is difficult to thought where to start.
What does rooms contain which can attract you, here we are going to tell about some rooms:
- The room tells you the story of Abu Dhabi Company for Onshore Oil Productions and oil discovery and some collection of oil pumps and pipes with a collection of photos.
- The room tells you the history of the postal service in the UAE that is actually quite powerful! Despite the current modern day postal service.
- The room where the Sheikh Zayed Memorabilia is housed which is a bit of an odd mixed crowd, from personal cars to photos and favourite rifles and more.
- The repository also houses the world largest stamp mosaic which forms a colourful and amazing portrait of the leader.
- The room of the UAE Police force which is surprisingly fascinating to see how the force has changed along with how the homogeneous and vehicles have transformed over the years.
- There is a beautiful mosque on the Zayed Centre site.
The Zayed Centre is open from Sunday to Thursday on weekdays from 7.30am until 2.30pm.