SEO are classified into two categories:
- White Hat SEO – Method that search engines suggest as part of a good design.
- Black Hat SEO – Method that search engines don’t support. These method are also known as spamdexing.
White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO used to get better search performances that use terms and conditions of a search engine:
- It conforms to the search engine’s rule.
- It doesn’t occupy in any trick.
- It make sure that the content a search engine indexes, and consequently ranks, is the same content a visitor will see.
- It ensures that website content ought to have been created for the visitor and not just for the web spiders.
Black Hat or Spamdexing
Black Hat SEO used to increases a page rank in search engines through means that break the search engines’ terms & conditions:
- Attempting ranking enhancements that are rejects by the search engines.
- Redirecting visitors from a web page that is created for search engines to one that is more human friendly.
- Using hidden or invisible text or link with the page background color and hiding them within the HTML code such as “no frame” part.
- Duplicate keywords in the metatags and using keywords that are not related to the website content.
- Mirror websites by hosting multiple websites – all with conceptually similar content but using different URLs.
- Creating a rogue copy of a popular website which shows contents similar to the original to a web crawler, but redirects web surfers to unrelated or malicious websites. This is called page hijacking.